Sweet Home Serenity Care
PCA / CNA Job Description
• Personal Care Attendants provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability and/or other infections. Personal Care may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship and respite, vital signs and Blood Pressure.
Ensure client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
• Personal Care Attendants are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
• Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
• Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
• Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
• Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the direction of a Physician and as identified on the care plan.
• Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping and outings as specified in the care plan.
• Follow the written care plan.
• Observe clients and their environments and reports unsafe conditions to Supervisor.
• Observe clients and their environments and reports behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes and/or changes in living arrangements to Supervisor.
• Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
• Usage of medical equipment such as Hoyer lift, Gate belt, medical bed, shower chair, cane, walker, wheelchair, and bedside commode.
Physical and Mental Demands:
¨ Good physical and mental health.
¨ Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear and see.
¨ Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
¨ Physical and mental ability to drive a vehicle.